Dr Ros Hastings
- Scheme Director of CEQAS (Cytogenetics External Quality Assessment Service)
- Executive Board representative for CEQAS and Divisional Representative for Genetics Division
- HPC state registered scientist and a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists.
- More than 30 years’ experience in constitutional (including prenatal), acquired and molecular cytogenetics, both in a research and diagnostic setting.
- Initially worked on research projects into cancer and immunological disorders at the Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London; the MRC Cytogenetics Unit, Edinburgh and the Cancer Research Campaign Laboratory, Manchester.
- Has worked in four diagnostic Cytogenetics Laboratories within the UK.
- For the last 14 years has been Director of CEQAS, an UKAS accredited (ISO17043) EQA provider, based at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath)
- Member of British Society for Genomic Medicine
- Member of European Society of Human Genetics
- Member of European Cytogenetics Association
- Member of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- Stevens-Kroef, M; Hastings R (2016). Cytogenetic Nomenclature and Reporting. pp303-309. In Cancer Cytogenetics: Methods and Protocols. Wan, Thomas S.K.. Springer Press.
- Hochstenbach, R., Slunga-Tallberg, A., Devlin D., Floridia, G., Rodriguez de Alba, M., Hastings Ros (2016). Fading competence of cytogenetic diagnostic laboratories: the alarm bell has started to ring. EJHG doi:10.1038/ejhg.2016.177
- Rosalind J. Hastings, Nick Bown, Maria G. Tibiletti, Maria Debiec-Rychter, Roberta Vanni, Blanca Espinet, Nadine van Roy, Paul Roberts, Eva van den Berg-de-Ruiter, Alain Bernheim, Jacqueline Schoumans, Steve Chatters, Zuzana Zemanova, Marian Stevens-Kroef, Annet Simons, Sverre Heim, Marta Salido, Bauke Ylstra, David R. Betts. (2015). Guidelines for Cytogenetic Investigations in Tumours. doi: 10.1038/ejhg.2015.35
- Jayne Y. Hehir-Kwa, Mireille Claustres, Ros Hastings, Conny van Ravenswaaij-Arts, Gabrielle Christenhusz, Maurizio Genuardi, Béla Melegh, Anne Cambon-Thomsen, Philippos Patsalis, Joris Vermeesch, Martina C. Cornel, Beverly Searle, Aarno Palotie, Ettore Capoluongo, Borut Peterlin, Xavier Estivill, Peter N. Robinson. (2015). Whole-Genome Sequencing in health care. Recommendations for reporting unsolicited findings and unclassified variants. European Journal of Human Genetics (2013) 21, 580–584; doi:10.1038/ejhg.2013.46
- Van El CG, Cornel MC, Dondorp W, Borry P, Hastings RJ, Fellmann F, Hodgson S, Howard HC, Meijers-Heijboer H, Scheffer H, de Wert GMWR (2015). Whole genome sequencing and analysis and the challenges for health care professionals: recommendations of the European Society of Human Genetics. Submitted for publication.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ROLES INCLUDE
- Chair of European Society of Human Genetics Eurogentest Quality Sub-Committee
- Co-ordinator for European Cytogenetics Association Permanent Working Group on Quality issues and training in Cytogenetics
- Member of the European Society of Human Genetics (ESHG)- Eurogentest Committee