Dr. Ros Hastings
- Scheme Director of GenQA (Genomics External Quality Assessment), formerly CEQAS
- Divisional Representative for Genetics Division
- HPC state registered scientist and a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists.
- More than 30 years’ experience in constitutional (including prenatal), acquired and molecular cytogenetics, both in a research and diagnostic setting.
- Initially worked on research projects into cancer and immunological disorders at the Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London; the MRC Cytogenetics Unit, Edinburgh and the Cancer Research Campaign Laboratory, Manchester.
- Has worked in four diagnostic Cytogenetics Laboratories within the UK.
- For the last 14 years has been Director of CEQAS, an UKAS accredited (ISO17043) EQA provider, based at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath)
- Member of British Society for Genomic Medicine
- Member of European Society of Human Genetics
- Member of European Cytogenetics Association
- Member of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ROLES INCLUDE
- Chair of European Society of Human Genetics Eurogentest Quality Sub-Committee
- Co-ordinator for European Cytogenetics Association Permanent Working Group on Quality issues and training in Cytogenetics
- Member of the European Society of Human Genetics (ESHG)- Eurogentest Committee