Quality Manager and Scientist (combined dual-role post), London
- Job Center: UK NEQAS ICC & ISH
Location: Farringdon, London
Job Closing Date: 21st February 2020
Pay: Starting salary will be between £35,965 and £55,708 per annum (inclusive of London-weighting), dependent on your experience and skills.
Job Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: 36.5 per week
A vacancy has arisen for a person to join our team of enthusiastic, hard-working scientists and administrative staff, based in Farringdon, London and manage our fully established quality management system and contribute to the extensive scientific work of the scheme.
UK NEQAS ICC & ISH is a market leader in the provision of external quality assessment (EQA) services. It oversees the quality of advanced testing in clinical healthcare laboratories in the UK and more than 50 other countries, helping to improve cancer testing worldwide.
- UK NEQAS ICC & ISH has been in existence for more than 35 years
- is accredited by UK Accreditation Service (UKAS)
- is a member of the UK NEQAS Consortium (a registered charity).
About you and your role:
Ideally, you will have knowledge of quality management and/or experience of working in a clinical histopathology service or cellular pathology research. You must be energetic, diligent and willing to apply yourself to all aspects of this important work.
- you will spend about half your time managing our quality management system (using Q-Pulse)
- you will spend the rest of your time participating in laboratory work to support our core EQA activities
- you will also get involved in our quarterly EQA assessment runs, working with and supporting expert assessors from across the world
- your starting salary will be between £35,965 and £55,708 per annum (for a 36.5-hour working week, inclusive of London-weighting), dependent on your experience and skills
Training will be given where needed to help you fully develop into the role.
If you want to know more:
- click here for the Job Description and Person Specification
- email Andy Dodson (UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Director) if you have a question or need more information.
If you want to apply:
Email your CV and a covering letter telling us why you want the job and why you are the person we are looking for, to Andy at email@example.com