Staff Scientist, London
- Job Center: UK NEQAS ICC & ISH
Location: Farringdon, London
Job Closing Date: 21st February 2020
Pay: Starting salary will be between £44,674 and £55,708 per annum (for a 36.5-hour working week), dependent on your experience and skills
Job Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: 36.5 per week
A vacancy has arisen for a person to join our team of enthusiastic, hard-working scientists and administrative staff, based in Farringdon, London and manage our fully established quality management system and contribute to the extensive scientific work of the scheme.
UK NEQAS ICC & ISH is a market leader in the provision of external quality assessment (EQA) services. It oversees the quality of advanced testing in clinical healthcare laboratories in the UK and more than 50 other countries, helping to improve cancer testing worldwide.
- UK NEQAS ICC & ISH has been in existence for more than 35 years
- is accredited by UK Accreditation Service (UKAS)
- is a member of the UK NEQAS Consortium (a registered charity).
About you and your role:
Ideally, you will have experience of working in a clinical histopathology service or cellular pathology research at a senior level. You must be energetic, diligent and willing to apply yourself to all aspects of this important work.
- you will spend most of your time participating in scientific and laboratory work to support our core EQA activities
- you will also get involved in our quarterly EQA assessment runs, working with and supporting expert assessors from across the world
- you will be expected to work in a self-directed way when carrying-out your day-to-day work
- your starting salary will be between £44,674 and £55,708 per annum (for a 36.5-hour working week), dependent on your experience and skills.
Training will be given where needed to help you fully develop into the role.
If you want to know more:
- click here for the Job Description and Person Specification
- email Andy Dodson (UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Director) if you have a question or need more information.
If you want to apply:
Email your CV and a covering letter telling us why you want the job and why you are the person we are looking for, to Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org