- Job Center: UK NEQAS ICC & ISH
UK NEQAS ICC & ISH provides external quality assessment (EQA) services to clinical healthcare laboratories to help them quality assure their tests and to improve clinical cancer testing across the UK and worldwide. The scheme has been in existence for more than 30 years, is accredited by UK Accreditation Service and is a member of the UK NEQAS consortium (a registered charity). We are an enthusiastic, hard-working team of scientists and administrative staff, based in Farringdon, London.
A vacancy has arisen in the team for a person to contribute to the scientific work of the scheme.
- You will be expected to participate primarily in laboratory-based work to support our EQA activities. There will also be some general office-based duties. After a suitable period of training you will get involved in our quarterly EQA assessment runs.
- Ideally, you will have extensive experience of histological techniques, gained by working within a clinical histopathology service or a research histology setting.
- You must be energetic, diligent and willing to apply yourself to all aspects of this important post. If you are the right person we are prepared to train you and to help you develop into the role and in your career.
- Your starting salary will be dependent on your experience and skill-set. It will be between £28,014 and £41,864 per annum (for a 5-hour working week).
- The employment contract will be provided by External Quality Assessment Services for Cancer Diagnostics, a registered Community Interest
If you want to know more about this opportunity, read the Job Description and Person Specification (download it below).
If you require further information, email Andy Dodson (UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Deputy Director).
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you want the job and why we should give it to you to Andy’s email address.
Andy’s email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
We should receive your application by Friday, 11th January 2019 at the latest.