Cryoprotein Masterclass, 23rd November 2020 – ONLINE MASTERCLASS
UK NEQAS for Immunology, Immunochemistry & Allergy
10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Cryoprotein ONLINE MasterclassOur Cryoprotein Online Masterclass will assist staff in gaining skills and understanding to successfully undertake cryoglobulin analysis and interpretation, reinforcing knowledge. This session will take place on Monday 23rd November 2020 @ 10:00. Registration will be open until the 22nd November 2020, so there's still time to book.
- 10:00-10:15 - Welcome, Dina Patel, UK NEQAS IIA
- 10:15-10:30 - Introduction to Cryoprotein’s - Setting the Scene, Dr. Joanna Sheldon, London
- 10:30-11:00 - Pitfalls and Challenges of Identification of Cryoprotein’s - a Clinical Perspective (part 1), Dr. Fenella Willia, London
- 11:00-11:30 - Pitfalls and Challenges of Identification of Cryoprotein’s - a Clinical Perspective (part 2), Dr. David Oliveira, London
- 11:30-12:00 - A Holistic Approach to the Interpretation of Cryoglobulin, Dr. Joanna Sheldon, London
- 12:00-12:10 - Interactive Workshop and Discussion , Dr. Joanna Sheldon and Dina Patel
- 12:10-12:15 - Closing Comments
This event will provide an opportunity to explore issues surrounding good practice and testing strategies adopted within the laboratories. Key quality issues raised with an insight into future developments for the harmonisation of cryoglobulin testing and interpretation.
- An opportunity to discuss issues surrounding good practice
- Testing strategies adopted within the laboratories
- Key EQA issues raised and discussed
- Insight into future developments to harmonise testing protocols