Mr Andrew Dodson
- Deputy Director, UK NEQAS Immunocytochemistry and In Situ Hybridisation (ICC & ISH). Member of the Board of Assessors since 1995: became Deputy Director for the Scheme in 2007.
- Executive Board representative for ICC & ISH and Divisional Representative for Cellular Pathology Division
- Worked within the NHS since 1981, qualifying as a Biomedical Scientist in Histopathology while working at St. George's Hospital in London in 1984.
- Moved to Liverpool in 1990 where I ran the Immunocytochemistry service and latterly the Molecular Pathology service at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital until 2013.
- Returned to London to take up a role as a Senior Research Clinical Scientist in the Breast Cancer Research Unit at the Royal Marsden Hospital, which is the post currently held.
- Gellert P, et al. POETIC Trial Management Group and Trialists. Impact of mutational profiles on response of primary oestrogen receptor-positive breast cancers to oestrogen deprivation. Nat Commun. 2016 Nov 9; 7: 13294.
- Kirwan CC, et al.PRIMETIME Protocol Working Group.; PRIMETIME Protocol Working Group. It's PRIMETIME. Postoperative Avoidance of Radiotherapy: Biomarker Selection of Women at Very Low Risk of Local Recurrence. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2016 Sep; 28(9): 594-6
- López-Knowles E, et al. POETIC trialists. Heterogeneity in global gene expression profiles between biopsy specimens taken peri-surgically from primary ER-positive breast carcinomas. Breast Cancer Res. 2016 Apr 1; 18(1):39
- Dodson A, Zabaglo L, Yeo B, Miller K, Smith I, Dowsett M. Risk of recurrence estimates with IHC4+C are tolerant of variations in staining and scoring: an analytical validity study. J Clin Pathol. 2016 Feb; 69(2): 128-35
- Yeo B, et al. Clinical utility of the IHC4+C score in oestrogen receptor-positive early breast cancer: a prospective decision impact study. Br J Cancer. 2015 Jul 28; 113(3): 390-5
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ROLES INCLUDE
- Postgraduate course author and tutor for University of Greenwich ICC and diagnostic breast cancer courses
- Chair of Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) ICC Diploma of Expert Practice Working Group
- Member of IBMS Scientific Advisory Panel for Cellular Pathology