Dr. Barbara De la Salle
- Director, UK NEQAS Haematology since 2014
- Director of the WHO Collaborative Centre for Quality Assurance in Haematology
- UK NEQAS Board Divisional Representative Haematology Division
- UK NEQAS Vice-President for external relationships
- Co-organiser, UK NEQAS Pre and Post-analytical quality monitoring service.
- Joined UK NEQAS in 2000 as UK NEQAS Haematology Scheme Manager and Deputy Director
- Former UK NEQAS Executive Committee member and chair
- Has over 25 years laboratory haematology experience with a strong professional interest in the laboratory diagnosis of inherited red cell disorders
- For the past 5 years has been the Director of UK NEQAS Haematology, located in the West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ROLES INCLUDE
- Member, British Society for Haematology Guidelines General Haematology Task Force
- Member, Independent Laboratory Performance Review Group of the NHS Sickle and Thalassaemia Screening Programme
- Member, International Council for Standardisation in Haematology
- Member, UK Proficiency Testing Working Group
- Member, European Quality Assurance in Laboratory Medicine (EQALM) organisation and EQALM co-representative on the European Federation for Laboratory Medicine (EFLM) pre-analytics working group
- Member, ACB pre-analytics working group
- Member, BSI IVD committee
- Board Member, International Society for Laboratory Haematology.